Some examples of when neuropsychological evaluations can be appropriate and useful include the following:
- Detection of neurological diseases based on quantitative assessment of neurocognitive abilities (e.g., mild head injury, anoxic injuries, dementia)
- Differential diagnosis between psychogenic and neurogenic syndromes or relative contribution of each factor in producing symptoms.
- Delineation of the neurocognitive effects of CNS disorders
- Neurocognitive monitoring of recovery or progression of CNS disorders
- Assessment of response to treatment such as medication, speech therapy, or other cognitive remediation, shunting, or tumor removal
- Assessment of possible exaggeration of symptoms or frank malingering
- Providing confirmatory evidence of neuropathology in cases of unclear clinical findings or presenting symptoms
- Assessment of neurocognitive functions for the formulation of rehabilitation and/or management strategies among individuals with neurological disorders.
- Competency issues such as driving, work, ability to manage funds, live independently, or to take medications
Referrals can be faxed to 419-475-8810
Please provide patient demographics (including phone number), diagnosis, and reason for referral
Referrals can also be telephoned at 419-475-8809.
Referral information may be left on the voice mail of this private line.
Dr. Simkins-Bullock also accepts patient self-referrals although insurance coverage requires medical necessity